There are many things you can do to benefit your eye health
- See your optician for a regular yearly check-up, and always get an emergency appointment if you suffer sudden sight disturbances or pain
- Don’t smoke. Smoking damages blood vessels in the eyes and can lead to cataracts, macular degeneration and other sight problems.
- Protect your eyes from ultraviolet light. Wear sunglasses when you’re outdoors and avoid staring directly into bright lights.
- Maintain a healthy weight and an active lifestyle.
- Make sure your diet contains plenty of green leafy vegetables, spinach, oranges, eggs and carrots. These foods contain high levels of nutrients.
In addition to diet and supplements, here are some simple things you can do at home to promote eye health:
- Use a humidifier in your home if your house is dry. You may only need to use it during warm, summer days
- Drink plenty of water, adults should drink, roughly, between 1.5 litres and 2 litres of fluid daily.
- Keep your eyes moist with artificial tears.
- Avoid environments with dusty or dirty air.
- Use cold compresses, cucumbers, or dampened and cooled tea bags on your eyes. Some people prefer calendula tea.
Dry eye, allergy eyes and aged-related macular degeneration (AMD) are just a few of the problems caused by increased exposure to screens, pollution, ageing and the side effects of common medications.
VisionPRO eye care supplement is an easy to take, convenient solution if you want to help maintain your eye health and optimum vision. The scientifically researched, industry leading ingredients in this unique formula deliver multiple benefits for a range of eye-specific conditions.
Simply take 1-2 capsules per day with meals.