White light enhanced with blue light for greater effectiveness.
Luminette glasses emit blue-enriched white light wavelengths peaked at 468 nm. It has been scientifically proven that wavelength of blue light is the most effective at simulating sunlight. This triggers your body’s positive response to simulated sunlight. Luminette LED’s have been specifically selected to avoid wavelength of blue light below 450 nm; these LED’s emit only beneficial light. Importantly Luminette is deemed "eye-safe" according to international standard CEI 62471.
The basis of Light Therapy is the science of Chronobiology – Chronobiology studies the circadian rhythms of the human body – these rhythms fluctuate through the whole day and influence your mind (sleepiness and attentiveness) at regular intervals – your circadian rhythm is an internal clock running in the background of your brain.
Who can benefit from light therapy?
“I lack energy during the winter”
Maybe it’s winter or because you can’t get out in the sun, you suffer from a lack of natural light. Do you suffer from "winter blues" or SAD?
- No energy
- Fed up and dreading the dark winter evenings
- Compulsive nibbling
- Difficulty in getting up in the morning
- Reduced libido
The Luminette reproduces the affects of the sun and stimulates specific receptors in the eyes, these activate the body's energy in response to light. It will help you feel fitter, active and alert and be in a better mood.When should I use the Luminette?
Use the Luminette as soon as possible after waking.
“I’m a teenager and have difficulty falling asleep and can’t wake up in the morning”
Are you focussed on social media, gaming or streaming & do you have difficulty in getting to bed at a normal time? You cannot get to sleep early. But you need to get to school or Uni and you are more and more tired. You may have a "delayed sleep phase syndrome" or "early night insomnia".
The Luminette copies the "synchronising" effects of the sun, thereby regulating your biological clock. If you wear it at the right time, it will help you to fall asleep earlier. No more problems waking up and better daily energy levels!When should I use the Luminette?
We advise you to use the Luminette as soon as possible after waking.
“I’m tired in the early evening, falling asleep in front of the tv”
Do you find it difficult to stay awake in the evening and often wake up in the middle of the night? You suffer from "advanced phase" or "drowsiness in the early evening". The Luminette reproduces the "synchronising" effects of the sun, thereby regulating your biological clock. If you wear it at the right time, it will help you to fall asleep later in the day & enjoying your evenings.When should I use the Luminette?
Use the Luminette in the late afternoon or the early evening, 2 to 3 hours before your bedtime
“I work night shifts and I sleep badly”
Night shifts affect over 10% of us and the consequences of night shift work for health quite serious: problems with sleeping, difficulties in social life, loss of concentration, reduced wakefulness (sometimes causing accidents), and other more serious disorders in the long term. If you work more than three consecutive night shifts using the Luminette at the right time will allow you to feel more awake at work. If you use of the Luminette along with glasses that filter blue light during your return home in daylight, you should sleep better and longer.When should I use the Luminette ?
Use the Luminette just before you start work. If you feel drowsy, we recommend a second session during the night.
“I travel a lot and want an effective solution for jet lag”You frequently fly long haul (more than 3 time zones) and you are fed up with jet lag: insomnia, drowsiness, physical and mental tiredness, moodiness, finding it hard to concentrate etc.
Here are some useful tips:During the flight
Set your watch to the time at your destination, drink plenty of water and cut down on alcohol, coffee and tea.On arrival
If you are travelling East, we advise you to avoid sunlight on arrival (by wearing glasses that filter blue light or sun glasses with a high protection index) in the morning and to wear the Luminette in the afternoon (if you can, get into the daylight) in order to maintain a low level of melatonin. Over the following days, move your session forward by 2 hours each day, taking care not to go past your normal waking time.
It’s taken 4 years of research to create this innovative device
There are plenty light therapy devices. They look like a lamp or a light box and are in all sizes. Their features (intensity, light spectrum) vary from one model to another. But these light therapy lamps are not very practical to use, take up space and require long periods, sitting, staring and doing nothing. Which is what makes Luminette a great step forward. It took a team of Inventors, University Professors, Sleep Disorders Specialists, Optical Engineers and Ergonomic Designers to invent Luminette. And in 2017 it was awarded "Most Innovative Mental Health Device of the Year" at the International Congress on Encephalitis.
- Luminette® is just as effective as using a 10,000-lux light box The aim of this research was to compare the effectiveness of Luminette on performance, mood, and alertness compared to an already clinically tested and proven 10,000 lux light box (Philips Energy Light).
- 68% of Luminette users reported an improvement in the quality of their sleep The objective of this study was to assess the effectiveness of using Luminette on adolescents who were suffering from Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS).
- 58% of users of Luminette noticed their energy levels increase and felt their level of fatigue was reduced. The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of using Luminette on workers who did not have access to daylight.
- Using Luminette after lunch is just as beneficial as having an afternoon nap. This study examined the effect of using Luminette after lunch compared to having an afternoon nap
- Light exposure via a Luminette improves vigilant attention The aim of this study is to evaluate the effects of the use of Luminette on the secretion of melatonin.
- Luminette seem to be a feasible and highly acceptable method for the treatment of adolescent depression. This study examined the effect of using Luminette on adolescent’s mood
Whilst wearing Luminette, we recommend that you don't:
- Shower or take a bath
- Engage in vigorous physical activity (e.g. running).
- Wearable light therapy
- Simulates sunlight to sync your body clock
- Helps with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- For the disrupted sleep patterns of shift workers or if you have jet lag
Light therapy on the go
Luminette is a wearable "light box" - it’s light, weighing in at 68gms and is worn, just like sun-glasses, so you can go about your everyday tasks, whilst benefitting from light therapy.
Light therapy treats not only Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) but several other ailments: low mood - sleep disorder due to shift work - advanced and late sleep disorders - jet lag and more. During a light therapy session, a safe source of light is delivered into your eyes, feigning natural outdoor light.
Luminette® works thanks to an innovative optical technology: white light enhanced with blue enters your eye naturally just like the sun, without dazzling your eyes or obscuring your vision