Sleep: quality and quantity
Everyone wants to get the best night’s sleep possible!
So, it is just a given that all we want to do when we get in bed after having a busy day is to have the best night’s sleep we possibly can. We recognise that due to health reasons such as insomnia – a common sleep disorder that can make it hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep or can cause you to wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep. You may still feel tired when you wake up – that it isn’t easy for everyone to do. Through being aware of this, we thought that we could list some handy hints and tips that you might not be aware of that could improve your sleep.
There can be many reasons as to why we are not getting the best nights sleep possible. Some reasons include lack of exercise, nutritional deficiencies (B vitamins, Magnesium, Zinc), emotional stress, anxiety, depression or even have too much caffeine. It has been suggested that taking Magnesium an hour before bed relaxes the nervous system helping to induce sleep, improve sleep quality. Why not give BestLyfe’s Magnesium supplement a go today! The supplement is aimed at reduces fatigue, improve recovery time and supporting our metabolism. Magnesium is important for processes in our bodies such as regulating muscle and nerve function, blood sugar level, blood pressure as well as making proteins, bones and DNA. It is known we can get magnesium from our diet, and, yes, this is true but people tend to not get enough of this essential nutrient so it is important to take a supplement alongside other bits and bobs that occur in our everyday lives.
We thought it would be a nice thing to do to make you aware of the some of the things we at BestLyfe try to do before we go to bed, trying to improve our sleep quality, so we have listed some tips for you to think about when it comes to improving your sleep quality.
- To start with, you need to move as much as you can. Get off the sofa and do as least 1 hour of exercise a day. Get your heart rate going. Through doing this, the brain compensates for physical activity by shortening the lighter stages of sleep ad prolonging deep sleep.
- Eat more fibre rich foods: raw vegetables, fresh cold pressed juices, barley, bananas, brown rice, whole oats, cooked organic soya beans and organic tofu, ground sesame seeds, beans including black-eyed peas, walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds. It has been suggested by researchers from Columbia University medical centre that those who have a low fibre diet and consumption of refined foods, products high in sugar and saturated fat can prevent having a good night’s sleep. It was concluded from the results that the participants on the high-fibre diet fell asleep within 17 minutes, whereas those eating refined and high-fat diet fell asleep in 29 minutes.
- Try applying something cold to your forehead such as a wet flannel or a frozen mask for about 30 minutes before going to bed – these can be purchased off Amazon or you could even get one from your local shop down the road.
- Try not to have anything stimulating before bed like caffeinated tea/coffee, chocolate etc.
- Limit your consumption of foods like meat, cheese, sugar, white flour products and pizza.
- Sleep in darkness so no light is in the room.
- Control stress.
- Ensure your evening meal is the smallest.
We know we’ve listed some things that you may already know but as a nice health tip from us all at BestLyfe, do something you enjoy at least once a day – this will help you to sleep better at night knowing that you have done something that makes you feel good!
If you are struggling to sleep, why not try our Sleep and Relax bundle. We’ve included 3 of our best vitamins and supplements to help you have a greater night’s sleep. At only £0.75 per day, you get a 60-day supply of vitamin C, 5-HTP and magnesium. This bundle is aimed at lowering blood pressure, improving sleep, mood quality and improving recovery time.
There has been medical research conducted around 5-HTP and how it can be used to increase your sleep. From the research, it has been suggested that 5-HTP before bedtime helps to trigger sleepiness and delays wake times. Specialists are of the opinion that 5-HTP boosts levels of serotonin, promoting relaxation therefore improving sleep.
We really want you to feel the best that you can at BestLyfe and to really have the best life you can, so why not head over to our website now and order your vitamins and supplements to improve your sleep and in turn improve your feelings towards your everyday life!
ANY INFORMATION OR PRODUCT SUGGESTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS WEBSITE. CONSULT YOUR PRIMARY HEALTHCARE PHYSICIAN BEFORE USING ANY SUPPLEMENTS OR MAKING ANY CHANGES TO YOUR REGIME.